Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year, New Beginnings

  Well, I've officially failed at blogging. I even forgot I had a blog. Sad, I know. So now, I feel as it is a new year, I should probably try to fill in the huge gap since my last post.

  We ended up NOT buying a house and moved into a bigger apartment. While it isn't huge, and isn't a house, it's still home. Being on the bottom floor, we got to hear our upstairs neighbors (elephants, for sure) stomp around and play Call of Duty all hours of the night. After letting Taylor cry it out for a few nights, they mysteriously moved out. Oh well.

  I made my very first turkey this Thanksgiving! It was actually quite tasty and not dry at all. We decided to stay home and make our own dinner, which turned out quite nice. I can't say I enjoyed eating turkey for the next week, though. Taylor, our little vegetarian baby, of course would eat no meat. He liked the stuffing and green beans best.

  Taylor had his 2nd Christmas, and this time he actually cared about what was happening. He HATED unwrapping presents. Weird. It was like he hated the sound of wrapping paper being ripped. He liked what was inside, though. The only word to describe that child is S-P-O-I-L-E-D. He got so many new toys and books he doesn't even know what to do with them. Pretty sure I'm going to have to purge the toy bucket to find a place for everything.

Packaging is the best part about toys


  Taylor also experienced his first snow. It was only his favorite part about Christmas. People who know me know I HATE snow. He didn't really get to play in it much since I didn't want to be out in 10 degree weather, but he thought it was the best thing ever.

My snow baby


  For my birthday, Josh got us Thunder tickets for New Years Eve. Of course, Taylor came down with the flu, so I ended up going without Josh. Sad day. Later in the week, Taylor was very generous in giving both Josh and I the flu. It was a great start to a new year and a great birthday present, let me tell you...

    This upcoming spring semester, I hope to finish my Associates Degree and then continuing with my Bachelors in History, while Josh will be applying for Pharmacy school. Hopefully he makes it in this year! *crossing fingers* Honestly, I don't have anything nice to say about school, so we'll stop there.

  We lead boring lives, so there really isn't anything else to tell. Since the world didn't end, we're excited to see what 2013 has in store for us! Here's to the New Year and any new beginnings that might come with it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your snow baby is the cutest! And how is life boring when your kiddo is constantly keeping you on your toes?! I refuse to think my life is boring, especially while chasing down my mermaid superhero. Yes, you read that right. I hope the new year leads to many blessings for you guys!

    ReplyDelete