Monday, September 10, 2012

Housing Crisis

  Well, I haven't written a blog in quite a while. The reason being, we're going through this process of buying a house. Insert hair pulling and crazy eyes here. I was hoping to wait to post something until we GOT the said house, but things never work out as planned.
  About...6-7 weeks ago, we started house shopping. What started this you may ask? Well, for one, 3 people living in a one bedroom apartment is NOT ideal. Especially when your child lives in the living room. But that, surprisingly, wasn't the main reason we decided it was time for a move.
  First reason: The couch. In previous post, it was mentioned we had bought a couch that was too big for the front door. It's true. We want a door our couch can fit through.
  The Second (and main) reason: Josh dropped his lunch on the kitchen floor because we only have about 1 ft of counter space. Our kitchen is SO SMALL. We both hate it. I guess I hate it more since I'm the one cooking and have nowhere to put anything while I'm trying to prepare meals. On one side of the sink is a dish drainer, since we have no dishwasher (another reason for the move), and on the other is a microwave. Thus the 1 ft.
  Anyway, these are the reasons we got the ball rolling on moving out. They might seem like terrible reasons to buy a house, but there is logic to the madness. Josh still has 4 years of school left here, and there were literally NO rentals open. Anywhere. We called every real estate place in town, with no luck. There weren't really any houses either.
  So after looking at the 2 houses in our price range, we picked the one we liked the most and made an offer. Thus ended our lives.
  Just kidding. But seriously. There is SO much paperwork to deal with. We signed our lives away and waited to hear back from the sellers. A week later...we heard back and they had accepted our offer. YAY!
  The bank. Oh, the bank. They have been the most useless and annoying part of the whole house-buying process. They have been dragging their feet since we contacted them. We put the offer on the house, like I said, 6-7 weeks ago, and STILL have heard NOTHING from the bank.
  Supposedly, we should hear if we have the loan tomorrow. Well, I have absolutely no faith in that statement since it's the 5th time I've heard it. Our closing date was a week ago, and because the bank couldn't get it together, it was pushed back to who knows when.
  Can you tell I'm frustrated?
  Our lives have basically been on hold since putting the offer on the house. I'm so tired of this whole deal. I don't even care if we get it at this point, I just want to know yes or no so I can get on with my life. Lucky for us, we did get an apartment on reserve, just in case.
  Being an adult stinks.
  I've just been expecting the answer no, because if they say yes, it will be a nice little surprise, and we can move into our own little house. Flawed logic? Never.
  I gave up the idea of holding out on a blog until we got the house, because well...I have little to no hope of getting the house at this point. Different apartment, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, being an adult stinks. Stinks like a dirty diaper left out in the sun in AZ. BUT....either way you will have a new place; it might not be the one you want but at least you'll have more room either way right? You're a tough gal and you know how to roll with the punches. In the words of Tim Gunn: Make it Work.

    ReplyDelete