Monday, May 21, 2012

Since when was I old?

I'm not sure when the transition happened, but I realized as I was watching the Thunder game (go OKC!), I was too tired to go on. I was snapping at the husband and I had to go to bed. When did my bedtime become 8:45? When did I stop staying up past midnight? I'm not really sure (probably when the baby started waking up before the crack of dawn), but...It's official. I'm becoming that crochety old woman who has to go to bed before the sun has completely set...this has been one of the saddest realizations I've ever come to. Next thing you know, I'll be drinking prune juice and playing canasta.

2 comments:

  1. Okay no, you're not old. It's called being exhausted. It takes a lot of energy to raise a child and go to school and clean house and all the other stuff. I don't think any of us are fully prepared for what life brings after you have a kid. The next phase is adjusting to working off of 4 hours of sleep. And never knock canasta. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I've had a lot of people criticize me for having a baby so young, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love Taylor, and I'm trying to get the education I want. But a little more sleep would be nice...

      Delete